BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, September 28, 2007

On married life and motherhood...

Here are 2 more thoughts about my day. First of all I would like to brag on my husband. At work I hear a lot of complaining about husbands. Many women are getting divorced. I'll be the first to say that my husband isn't perfect however, neither am I. If he can put up with my flaws, I can put up with his. You know it is the heart that we really need to look at, so ladies, remember that we all have a lot of changing to do and we need to get the plank out of our own eye before worrying about the speck in our husband's (Matthew 7:3-5).

That said, my dh is wonderful. I could list all of the little things that he does that makes my life nice but I could sum it up better by saying this: he is great because he puts my needs ahead of his own, he honors me and he loves God most of all. I am striving to do the same for him and because of that I have a great marriage.

There are my thoughts about married life, here are my thoughts about motherhood. My friend sent an e mail story about a mother who was feeling totally unappreciated and unnoticed by her family. At the end though she was reminded that motherhood is a sacrificial work of God. It is not easy being a mother. Other than the occasional hug and burnt mother's day breakfast in bed, we get very little applause. Honestly however, there is really no greater compliment God can give you than to bless you with children. He is telling you through them, that He thinks you have something valuable to pass on to his next generation. Our children are on loan from God, and if no one else sees the fruit of our labor, God does. Remember that we are storing up treasures in heaven, where moth and rust cannot destroy (Matthew 6:19ff). Don't be discouraged, just keep praying and giving. You are building God's kingdom and there is no greater work.

0 comments: